We collect certain information when you sign-up on our site, including such things as your name, email address, telephone number, date of birth, country of residence, date of birth, occupation and areas of interest. This information is used for the following purposes:
- to send you emails with information about third-party offers, including free samples, prize draws, and free trials, etc.;
- to enter you into contests and notify you if you have won;
- to determine which offers are most relevant to you (e.g., based on date of birth, country of residence, occupation and areas of interest).
We collect and analyze information about how you interact with our emails (e.g., opens and clicks) to better tailor the future communications that we send to you.
Our site also uses "cookies", which are text files placed in your internet browser that contain non-identifying information, such as internet protocol (IP) addresses and browsing behaviour. Cookies may be used to assist in analyzing website traffic in order to improve the user experience on our site.
Aggregated, non-personal information is shared with advertisers to assist in purchasing decisions and to analyze results from advertising campaigns. Freebies.com will only share your personal information with advertisers (e.g., name, email address) after notifying you and obtaining your express consent.
We may also disclose personal information for the following purposes:
(1) in response to a court order, warrant or request from a law enforcement agency;
(2) to enforce the Freebies.com Terms & Conditions or to protect our rights; or
(3) to protect the safety of members of the public and users of the service.
Notwithstanding any other provision, we partner with third parties that collect information across various channels, including offline and online, for purposes of delivering more relevant advertising to you. Our partners may place or recognize a cookie on your computer, device, or directly in our emails/communications, and we may share personal information with them if you have submitted such information to us, such as your name, postal address, email address, or device ID. Our partners may link the personal information we share with them to the cookie stored on your browser or device, and they may collect information such as your IP address, browser or operating system type and version, and demographic or inferred-interest information. Our partners use this information to recognize you across different channels and platforms over time for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. For example, our partners may deliver an ad to you in your web browser based on a purchase you made in a physical retail store, or they may send a personalized marketing email to you based on the fact that you visited a particular website. To learn more about interest-based advertising in general and to opt out, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
You can unsubscribe from receiving communications from us by clicking the "unsubscribe" link provided at the bottom of all Freebies.com emails, or by contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Freebies.com has in place administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the security of your personal information, including the following:
- Access to data is restricted to those employees who require access;
- Servers are located in a physically controlled area;
- Data is transferred over an encrypted connection; and
- Systems are regularly tested for security vulnerabilities and updated as necessary.
We transfer and store personal information on servers located outside of Canada. As such, we may be required to provide law enforcement agencies in foreign jurisdictions with access to personal information. Please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the jurisdictions in which we store personal information.