7-Layer Dip Recipe
Let's be honest, who doesn't love a 7-layer dip! This dip is always a hit at every party, and it is easy to prepare.
This recipe comes courtesy of Cooking Classy.
- 1 (16 oz) can Refried Beans
- 1 (10 oz) can Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder , divided
- Salt and fresh avocados,ack pepper
- 3 medium avocados , peeled and cored
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 oz . sour cream
- 1/2 (6 oz can) black olives, sliced
- 2 small Roma tomatoes , diced
- 1 3/4 cups finely shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese blend
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together refried beans, canned tomatoes, chilli powder, cumin, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp salt/ 1/4 tsp pepper).
- Spread mixture into an even layer in 7 by 11-inch baking dish.
- Mash avocado with lime juice. Mix in cilantro and season with remaining 1/4 tsp garlic powder and salt to taste.
- Spread into an even layer over the bean layer in baking dish, then spread sour cream over avocado layer. Sprinkle with cheese, black olives over sour cream layer then top with tomatoes and green onions. Serve with tortillas chips.
PS: The dip can be made a day in advance, simply cover it and refrigerate it until you're ready to serve!
More Like This
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other great posts and offers: