Roasted Tomato & Bacon Dip Recipe
This is the perfect party dip recipe. Delicious roasted tomatoes combined with savory bacon and cheese makes a great appetizer!
This recipe comes to our courtesy of A Family Feast.
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 14.5-ounce cans Hunt’s Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 8-ounce tub of softened whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook the bacon until crisp in a large ovenproof sauté pan and reserve two tablespoons of the bacon fat.
- Discard the remaining bacon fat or save for another recipe.
- Cut the cooked bacon into small pieces or crumble by hand. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Reheat the two tablespoons of the bacon fat over medium-high heat and add the onions. Cook for three minutes then add the garlic.
- Cook the garlic and onions for one more minute then add the two cans of tomatoes including the juice as well as the salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano.
- Stir once then place the pan in the oven and roast for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and lower oven heat to 375 degrees F.
- While tomatoes are roasting, mix cream cheese, Colby Jack, and Romano in a medium bowl. Mix in all but ¼ cup of the crumbled bacon.
More Like This
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these other great posts and offers:
- CA Members: Free $5 To Shop Online
- USA Members: Free Sample Boxes
- UK Members: Free MAC Makeup Samples
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Recipe
- 15-Minute Broccoli Tortellini Alfredo
- Boston Cream Cheesecake